2021 was a big year for us. We opened our store, shipped out thousands of dubias, met many wonderful reptile folk, and learned a lot along the way. We are so grateful to everyone who helped to make our dream a reality.
But now it’s time to look ahead to 2022. We have a lot planned (beyond just dubias) and wanted to take this opportunity to let you in on what’s next. So, without further ado, here’s what you can look forward to seeing from us in 2022!
Beyond Dubias in 2022
- Our loyalty program. Okay, technically we launched this in 2021, but it’s still new! If you haven’t heard about it yet, our loyalty program lets you earn discounts with each order you place—without typing in codes or waiting for sales. It’s our way of saying Thank You for supporting us! You can read more about our loyalty program and learn all the details here.
- You’ll soon see us on Amazon! We’ve been working behind the scenes to get our products on Amazon. This will help us provide affordable, high quality dubias to even more reptile lovers. While this is exciting, you will always get a better deal right here on our website!
- If all goes well, you may see us at a reptile show or two this year! We are insanely busy. Not only do Rich and Ona run The Bug Shed full time, they also have a homestead and another business to look after. And that’s not even mentioning everything else that goes on in life! We’ve been discussing attending reptile shows for a while, but so far have been unable to find the time. Hopefully, this is the year that changes! We can’t make any guarantees yet, but we’re trying our best to get to a reptile show or two this year.
- Bug frass trials! You’re probably thinking, “what are they talking about?” Allow us to explain. Bug frass (aka cockroach poop) is known to be a good fertilizer. We’ve seen the results of this firsthand in our garden, but so far we don’t know the nitty gritty details. This year we plan to send some frass to a lab for testing so we know exactly what’s in it. We’ll also be doing our own plant trials to document how good frass really is for your plants. Of course, we’ll be sharing all our findings right here on our blog – so stay tuned!
- We’ll be publishing a reptile recipe book. We all know there’s more to a beardie’s diet than just dubias, but as we’re sure all beardie owners have experienced, it can be hard to get them to eat their salad sometimes. There’s got to be a cookbook for lizards out there somewhere, right? We looked, but couldn’t find any. (Although we did find this adorable cookbook for humans written by a beardie!) So, why not write our own? If you have any feeding tips, favorite foods, or salad recipes that your beardie (or other reptile!) loves, please don’t hesitate to send them our way! We will of course give credit to all who participate.
- Lastly, new products are always in the works. Even we don’t know exactly what you can expect from us this year. We’re constantly coming up with new ideas, both for innovations in the bug room to help our operation be more efficient, and for new products to offer all of you.
Want to be among the first to know about new happenings, sales, and more? Join our email list for advance notice of new product and exclusive VIP-only offers. Plus, you’ll get a coupon you can use today or on your very next order!
In addition to exclusive offers, we also give early access to most sales and you’ll be the first to know about anything new going on with us – whether that be shows we’ll be attending or how our bug frass trials are doing. Sign up here – it’s free!